By choosing Rome to Pompeii tour including Naples, you’ll have the chance to look at three UNESCO-listed Italian gems, on this full-day adventure from Rome. Then, admire the breathtaking landscape as we cross the Amalfi Coast by car and travel back in time as you explore the remarkably preserved ruins of Pompeii. Learn about Roman life as you stroll around the Forum and stand in awe before the world’s oldest surviving Roman amphitheater. After lunch, continue to historic Naples, where you can visit the Royal Palace, San Carlo Opera house and lively Piazza del Plebiscito.
- Full-day tour of Naples and Pompeii from Rome
- Admire the views along the UNESCO-listed Amalfi Coast
- Explore the grand amphitheater and ruins of ancient Pompeii
- See the Royal Palace, Piazza del Plebiscito and Piazza del Municipio in Naples
- Travel by air-conditioned luxury minivan
Rome to Pompeii tour including Naples: Details
Departure Time & Return Location: 7:30AM from your location in Rome: Hotel, B&B, Other – Duration: 12 hours (Approx.)
- From 1 to 2 passengers €550,00 “Sedan” Mercedes Benz E
- From 3 to 6 passengers €650,00 “Minivan” Mercedes Benz V
What to Expect
This Rome to Pompeii tour including Naples begins at your hotel in Rome, where our multilingual driver will pick you up in a luxury vehicle, equipped with air conditioning, leather seats and tinted windows, ready to leave for the Mediterranean coast. During the journey you will have the opportunity to enjoy the stunning views of the Amalfi Coast and make a stop along the highway for breakfast.
Once you reach the archaeological site of Pompeii, you can explore at your leisure or request a guide who will take you on a tour along the best of this remarkably preserved ancient Roman city. You will visit the main areas (such as the food market, the bat thermal and residence of some wealthy citizens) and come to know the custom of the time and the daily life of this city before the destructive volcanic eruption.
From Pompeii we leave to go to Naples, the last stop of our tour, where you will begin a visit of the Greek and Roman city: “Spaccanapoli”, Via San Gregorio Armeno, Piazza San Domenico, Piazza del Gesù with the Church of Gesu Nuovo and the Basilica of Santa Chiara (the largest Gothic church in Naples). Continue to visit the monumental area and see the Piazza Plebiscito, where you can see the Royal Palace and the Church of San Francesco di Paola.
Via Toledo, where you will be able to admire the splendid Galleria Umberto I. Piazza Municipio, where there is the imposing Angevin fortress of Castle Nuovo. You will have the opportunity to make a brief stop in a former bakery to taste the famous “sfogliatella”.
After having tasted the famous “sfogliatella” and bought some souvenirs, we board our vehicle to conclude the tour and return to Rome.
Rome to Pompeii tour: Itinerary
This is a summary itinerary of Rome to Pompei tour. Each itinerary is customizable and the driver is at your complete disposal throughout the tour. You decide what to watch and we take you there. Our itinerary includes the following stages:
- Departure from Rome
- Panoramic road of the Amalfi Coast
To view the complete itinerary of Rome to Pompeii tour including Naples, click here. You will be redirected to Google Maps and you will see the tour stops on the map. The tour will be carried out with a sedan – Mercedes Benz E up to 2 passengers (couples or families with a child), or a minivan – Mercedes Benz V for groups of up to 6 passengers.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private chauffeur
- Tour Guide
- Luxury vehicle
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a driver guide, who will take you on this day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Naples to discover what you have chosen to see.