If you are spending your holidays in Rome, don’t give up on the Royal Palace of Caserta Tour, the former residence of the kings of Naples and one of the largest royal palaces in the world. Tour some of the estate’s 1,200 rooms ornately adorned with 18th-century tapestries, frescoes, and mirrors, and stroll through the vast Italian and English gardens. Round-trip transport from Rome and lunch at a restaurant for a seamless, regal adventure.
- Full-day tour to the Royal Palace of Caserta from Rome.
- Visit the UNESCO-listed royal palace, one of the largest in the world with 1,200 rooms.
- Hear stories of the kings and queens of Naples with live guided commentary.
- Tour elaborately decorated apartments rich with paintings, tapestries, and marble.
- Stroll through the vast Italian and English gardens.
Royal Palace of Caserta Tour: Details
Departure Time & Return Location: 7:30AM from your location in Rome: Hotel, B&B, Other – Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- From 1 to 2 passengers €550,00 “Sedan” Mercedes Benz E
- From 3 to 6 passengers €650,00 “Minivan” Mercedes Benz V
What to Expect
This Royal Palace of Caserta tour starts in the morning, when our multilingual driver will pick you up at your hotel in Rome. You will be in a luxury minivan equipped with air conditioning, leather seats and tinted windows, for a two-hour journey to the Royal Palace of Caserta. Built in the mid-18th century for the Bourbon kings of Naples, the residence was designed by Italian architect Luigi Vanvitelli using inspiration from the French Palace of Versailles, Charlottenburg in Germany, and Spain’s El Escorial. It is one of the world’s largest royal palaces, boasting 1,200 rooms, 24 staircases, and 1,742 windows.
Step inside the huge palace (tickets to be purchased on site) and begin your tour through the five floors of opulent ballrooms, corridors and apartments that dazzle with period frescoes, marble floors, mirrors and tapestries. Headsets are provided so you can clearly hear your guide’s commentary on palace history and the fascinating lives of its blue-blooded former residents, including King Charles VII of Naples. Also tour the expansive palace gardens, featuring ornate fountains and English and Italianate landscaping.
After your visit, get back on board our van to go for lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense) and taste the delicacies of the Campania region. After lunch we leave to visit the amphitheater of Santa Maria Capua Vetere, or also known as the Amphitheater Campano.
The Amphitheatre of Capua was a Roman amphitheatre in the city of Capua (modern Santa Maria Capua Vetere), second only to the Colosseum in size and probably the model for it. It may have been the first amphitheatre to be built by the Romans and was the location of the first and most famous gladiator school.
This 10-hours Royal Palace of Caserta tour concludes with drop-off back at the original departure point.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
- Tickets to Royal Palace – for more information visit the official website of the Royal Palace of Caserta.
- Tickets to Amphitheatre of Capua – €2,50 at person.
- Beverages, snacks, souvenirs.
Royal Palace of Caserta Tour: Itinerary
This is a summary itinerary of Royal Palace of Caserta Tour. Each itinerary is customizable and the driver is at your complete disposal throughout the tour. You decide what to watch and we take you there. Our itinerary includes the following stages:
- Departure from Rome
- Royal Palace of Caserta
- Amphitheatre of Capua
To view the complete itinerary of the Royal Palace of Caserta Tour, click here. You will be redirected to Google Maps and you will see the tour stops on the map. The tour will be carried out with a Mercedes Benz sedan up to 2 passengers (couples or families with a child), or a Mercedes Benz minivan for groups of up to 6 passengers.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private driver / guide
- Luxury vehicle
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a driver guide, who will take you on this full-day Royal Palace of Caserta Tour, to discover what you have chosen to see.