Visit the historic vacation homes of the Roman elite on this Tivoli day trip from Rome. This full day excursion with driver / guide includes the tour of Tivoli’s two UNESCO-listed sites: Hadrian’s Villa and Villa d’Este. Hear Renaissance and Ancient Roman history and scandal, admire archaeological ruins and explore some of Italy’s most extravagant private gardens.
- 5-hours Tivoli tour from Rome
- Learn intriguing Renaissance history on a guided walking tour of two villas east of Rome
- Explore Hadrian’s Villa archaeological ruins, former home to 2nd-century Emperor Hadrian
- Admire the stunning gardens of Villa d’Este and see the famous Fountain of Neptune
- Transport from Rome to Tivoli by air-conditioned sedan or minivan
Tivoli Day Trip from Rome: Details
Departure Time & Return Location: 09:30am from your location in Rome: Hotel, B&B, Other – Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
From €45 per person, minimum 6 people in luxury Minivan!
- From 1 to 2 passengers €225,00 “Sedan” Mercedes Benz E
- From 3 to 6 passengers €275,00 “Minivan” Mercedes Benz V
What to Expect
Travel from Rome to Tivoli in an air-conditioned sedan or minivan to start your day trip. As you travel, listen to your guide’s commentary on Tivoli, a historic city in the hills of the Tiburtini Mountains. Prestigious holiday resort at the time of Ancient Rome. Tivoli is now famous for its two UNESCU World Heritage Sites: Hadrian’s Villa and Villa d’Este.
The first stop in Tivoli includes Hadrian’s Villa walking tour. Hear how the villa belonged to Emperor Hadrian, who longed for a holiday home away from the hustle and bustle of Rome. By modern standards, his “humble abode” could be regarded as a real city. The ruins of the impressive estate are made up of more than 30 buildings, and you’ll see the highlights as you explore. Discover the complex ruins of the ancient imperial palace, as well as the baths, temples, libraries and underground passages large enough for vehicles.
Enjoy a lunch break at your own expense, then continue to Villa d’Este: explore the former Benedictine convent and find out why many consider the villa one of the most beautiful of the Renaissance era.
As you explore, hear how Villa d’Este was built as an opulent abode for the son of Lucrezia Borgia, a 15th-century duchess, who drew drama and gossip wherever she went. Pass the Neptune Fountain and stroll the gardens to see waterfalls, fountains, and century-old trees.
Leave Villa d’Este after your tour, and then relax on your journey back to Rome.
Tivoli Day Trip from Rome: Itinerary
This is a summary itinerary of the Tivoli day trip from Rome. Each itinerary is customizable and the driver is at your complete disposal throughout the tour. You decide what to watch and we take you there. Our itinerary includes the following stages:
- Departure at 9:30 from your Hotel in Rome
- 40-minute journey to Hadrian’s Villa
- Walking tour of Hadrian’s Villa
- Lunch break at a local restaurant
- Walking tour of Villa d’Este
- Return to Rome
To view the complete itinerary of the Tivoli day trip from Rome, click here. You will be redirected to Google Maps and you will see the tour stops on the map. The tour will be carried out with a Mercedes Benz sedan up to 2 passengers (couples or families with a child), or a Mercedes Benz minivan for groups of up to 6 passengers.
This Tour Include
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private chauffeur / guide
- Luxury vehicle
- Flexible itinerary
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a driver guide, who will take you on this day tour to discover what you have chosen to see.