If you are short on time, but want to make the most of your vacation in Italy, then visit the famous Tuscan countryside with this Tuscany wine tasting tour from Rome. Travel by air-conditioned minivan to a landscape of rolling hills, olive groves and vineyards, stopping to stroll through the UNESCO-listed hilltop village of San Gimignano. Visit a winery in the famed Chianti region for a tour and tasting with appetizers, and explore the well-preserved medieval city of Siena, home to the popular Il Palio horse race.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city.
- This private tour ensures personalized service.
Tuscany wine tasting tour: Details
Departure Time & Return Location: 8:00am from your location in Rome: Hotel, B&B, Other – Duration: 12 hours (Approx.)
- From 1 to 2 passengers €500,00 “Sedan” Mercedes Benz E
- From 3 to 6 passengers €600,00 “Minivan” Mercedes Benz V
What to Expect
Enjoy traveling through Italy on this full day tour from Rome through the Chianti hills to visit the cities of San Gimignano and Siena. This Tuscany wine tasting tour starts in the morning from your hotel in Rome, where our driver will pick you up on board a luxury minivan, equipped with air conditioning, leather seats and tinted windows, to travel to the city of San Gimignano, the first stop on the tour.
San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is known as ‘the city of the hundred towers’ and it still maintains some of its original features and timeless charm. Furthermore, the name ‘San Gimignano’ is linked to one of the most historical Tuscan wines: La Vernaccia di San Gimignano.
Once in San Gimignano, freely explore its charming medieval streets and visit the historic center of this wonderful city, where you can taste the famous Italian coffee and buy some souvenirs.
Stop to sample wine and other local food products in the beautiful cellar of a Chianti wine estate. Taste 10 different types of wine and oil, tour the estate, and learn about processing of the grapes. Sit down for a Tuscan lunch in the winery.
Next, continue to Siena, a beautiful Medieval city in Italy. Visit the heart of Siena and the central square known as “Piazza del Campo“, known worldwide for the famous Palio, a horse race around the square twice each summer. Siena is famous not only for its wine but also for its sweets, including the “Panpepato“, “Panforte“, and “Ricciarelli“. Stop for a good Italian coffee and taste a typical sweet of Siena.
Depart for the return trip to Rome at 5:00 pm.
Full-Day Tuscany wine tasting tour: Itinerary
This is a summary itinerary of Tuscany wine tasting tour from Rome. Each itinerary is customizable and the driver is at your complete disposal throughout the tour. You decide what to watch and we take you there. Our itinerary includes the following stages:
- Departure from Rome
- San Gimignano
- Wine Tasting in Chianti region
To view the complete itinerary of Tuscany wine tasting tour from Rome, click here. You will be redirected to Google Maps and you will see the tour stops on the map. The tour will be carried out with a sedan – Mercedes Benz E up to 2 passengers (couples or families with a child), or a minivan – Mercedes Benz V for groups of up to 6 passengers.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private chauffeur / guide
- Luxury vehicle
- Flexible itinerary
- Wine tasting, taste local products and lunch (own expense
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a driver guide, who will take you on this Tuscany wine tasting tour from Rome to discover what you have chosen to see.